Electricity is no longer a luxury, but a basic need in most homes. When you have a functional electrical system, you will have an easy time. However, when there is a problem you may end up being incapacitated. Fortunately, before the electrical system breaks down completely, there will be some warning signs. These signs serve as a warning and at that point, the only way that you can deal with them is by hiring a professional electrician.
The advantage of knowing some of these signs is that you will be on the alert and have the problem corrected before serious damage happens, or even electrocution. Here are some of the reasons why you will need to call a licensed electrician in your home:
Circuit Breakers Having Problems
The circuit breakers are part of the electrical system and are used as a detection unit for any case of overloading. If your circuit breaker has been tripping, this means that there is a problem with the electrical system and this serves as a preventative measure. The electrical wires are protected from overheating. However, if you have old circuit breakers, they can trip over a simple overload. If this has been happening, then you will need to call an electrician to sort out the problem. You can refer to a Chicago Electrician Company.
Do not attempt to fix the issue by yourself as you may end up being electrocuted. This requires skills and as such, you should find a qualified electrician who will not only evaluate the circuit breaker, but also the wires and other fixtures. Failure to address the issue could cause the wires to overheat and possibly catch a fire. If you want to find a qualified electrician, just click here.
Overheating Ceiling Fixtures
Make it a habit to check the ceiling features occasionally so as to see if they are overheating. It is important to note that not all the ceiling lighting components are insulated properly. In addition, if you have exceeded the maximum wattage for a light bulb, it may cause some fixtures to overheat. This is a serious issue as it becomes a fire hazard. If you have noticed any of the fixtures becoming too hot, you better call in an electrician right away. In most cases, there may be fixtures that are replaced like the bulbs and the wires. LED bulbs are known to be ideal as they do not overheat and will remain cool at all times.
Burning Odor and Sparks
The moment you notice sparks or a burning odor from any of the power outlets or switches, this spells danger. The first thing to do is to go to the main electrical panel and turn it off. Then call an electrician to come and establish where the problem could be. If you work with a qualified electrician, they will go through the whole system to ensure that all the fixtures are in order. As soon as they detect the problem, they should be able to fix it.
These are just some of the signs that you will need an electrician in your home. You can take a look at this chicago electrician yelp page.